At ActionAid Association, we respect the privacy of the users of our website. This privacy and terms statement is intended to lay down the practices we follow for honouring the privacy preferences of the people visiting our website https://www.actionaidindia.org/. The document also elaborates on our information collection and sharing practices. Irrespective of the mode in which we receive your personal information (whether via this website or over the phone or through any other means), we make all earnest attempts to honour your privacy. This document contains the requisite information about our responsibilities, your rights, the information which is collected by us and how it is used.
BY ACCESSING AND/OR USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU agree to abide by the practices described in this Privacy and Terms Statement which may be changed from time to time
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOUWe collect information from you to extend services like processing of your donations, providing receipts and tax exemption certificates, sending regular updates about the work we do for social and ecological justice and our engagements with the most marginalised and vulnerable communities, response to your queries and apprising you of the new opportunities to help deprived and marginalized communities of India in a better way. Depending on the type of communication or transaction, the personal information we collect may include, but is not limited to, your name, postal address, date of birth, PIN code, telephone numbers, mobile phone numbers, your organization’s name, email addresses, credit/debit card information, bank information or billing information.
WHERE AND WHEN WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATIONWe seek your personal information when you make a donation, request a communication from us, register for an on-ground event, pledge support to our work and campaigns and apply for working or volunteering with us. This information may be sought over the phone, through the website, via email or by the means of face-to-face interaction.
INFORMATION SECURITYActionAid Association has in place the necessary security mechanisms and only designated employees have access to your personal information. All online transactions are done on a secure server. The information you provide on the donation transaction page is encrypted using SSL – Secure Sockets Layer (you will see a green padlock icon in the left-hand side of the address bar in your browser). At the same time, the website address in the address bar at the top of the browser screen starts with an “https” instead of an “http”. Donation pages are verified by the service provider providing us access to the payment gateway services and transactions are processed using the merchant service provider account.
DND POLICYI agree and consent to receive all communications at the mobile number provided, even if this mobile number is registered under DND/NCPR list under TRAI regulations. And for that purpose, I further authorise ActionAid Association to share/disclose the information to any third-party service provider or any affiliates, group companies, their authorised agents or third-party service providers. ActionAid Association or their third-party service provider or any affiliates will be making calls and sending SMS/Email through a third-party platform.
ACTIONAID ASSOCIATION MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATIONExcept in the limited circumstances elicited below, ActionAid Association will never intentionally share your email addresses, phone numbers or financial information.
- Credit/Debit Card Transactions, Electronic Fund Transfers and Payments by Cheque: We avail the services of third parties to provide donation facilities by the means of cheque, credit/debit card payments or electronic fund transfers. While your information may be shared with these third parties, we make stringent efforts to require all third-party service-providers to hold personal information in strict confidence. However, since we do not have complete control over these third parties, we cannot guarantee your privacy.
- Necessity: If ActionAid Association is convinced that there has been some inappropriate activity with or on our website/webpages, communications, charitable services or personal or real property or if we have reasons to believe that any using one of the ActionAid Association website, our donors, employees, partners, vendors, etc. have been inflicted with any harm, we will disclose (we may or may not notify you) personal information as we deem appropriate.
- Required by Law: If any government or legal bodies require any information from us under the purview of a law or a legal compliance, we may go ahead and disclose the same.
- Merger, Acquisition or Other Corporate Restructure. We also may transfer your personal information to a third-party successor in interest if we are involved in an acquisition, merger or other transfer of control or sale of assets.
- Requesting Communication: We have on board certain vendors who execute several donor-related activities for us, aimed at both existing or potential donors. Activities include sending direct mails, emailers, greeting cards and making phone calls. We may share your information like phone numbers, email address, etc. with these agencies so that they can perform these activities on behalf of ActionAid Association.