Who we are
Strengthening the Assertion of Women’s and Girls’ Rights as Human Rights
- Assertion of women’s and girls’ rights as human rights, and promoting a safe and dignified environment for them.
- Providing legal and counseling aid to survivors of violence and helping them restore a life of dignity and equity.
Ensuring that Children are Recognized as Equal and Political Citizens
- Promoting children’s rights to education, nutrition, protection and overall well being.
Promoting People’s Control Over Natural Resources and Livelihood
- Popularising sustainable forms of agriculture encouraging collectives of women farmers.
- Promoting people’s rights over land and livelihoods, especially of Dalits, adivasis and women, particularly single women.
- Addressing urban poverty and creating inclusive and equitable platforms for urban poor and informal sector workers, particularly women.
- Addressing the issues of distress-migration and eradicating bonded labour by developing community-led mechanisms of monitoring conditions of labour and ensuring dignified livelihoods.
- Promoting community-led mechanisms for the conservation of natural resources and public commons.
Encouraging the Democratization of Society, Economy and Polity at All Levels
- Building leadership and livelihood skills among the youth in the communities we work with.
- Promoting democracy and inclusive governance at all levels and encouraging participation of marginalized and excluded communities in the socioeconomic and political sphere.
Building A Just, Secular, Violence Free and Peaceful Society and State
- Uphold citizenship rights of excluded communities specially minorities.
- Specially focused on gender justice for Muslim women as guaranteed by the Constitution and enshrined in the Quran.
- Building solidarity amongst civil society groups towards upholding secularism and religious harmony.
Ensuring Humanitarian Response to Human-Made and Natural Disasters
- Ensuring Disaster Preparedness to have timely and efficient emergency response.
- Responding in a timely manner to emergency situations and especially so in our areas of work and focusing on providing immediate support to survivors.
- Ensuring long-term response in the form of rehabilitation and resilience building process.
Strengthening Solidarity with Struggles and Progressive Actions Beyond Local and National Boundaries
- Encourage critical debate and policy interventions on international issues related to India
- Build solidarity with social movements and progressive organizations and individuals in the Global South
- Push for alternatives that articulate a new internationalism.