Who we are
ActionAid Association is an organisation working for social and ecological justice. ActionAid has been engaged with the most marginalised communities in India since 1972. In 2006, ActionAid Association was registered as an Indian organisation, governed by an independent General Assembly and a Governing Board. Together with supporters, communities, institutions and governments, we strive for equality, fraternity and liberty for all. ActionAid Association works in 24 states and two union territories, with several partners and allied organisations. ActionAid Association is part of a global federation and a full affiliate of ActionAid International, that has presence in over 40 countries worldwide.
Our VisionA world without poverty, patriarchy and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to life with dignity.
Our MissionTo work in solidarity with the poor and excluded and participate in their struggle to eradicate poverty, patriarchy and injustice.
Overall GoalA just social order brought about by the dispossessed claiming their right to dignity and identity through enhanced democratic participation and structural transformation.
Our ValuesWe reiterate our values and stress on ‘praxis’ in our work, in our effort to deepen our commitment to transform our organisational culture.
- Solidarity, camaraderie and sisterhood with the poor, the powerless and excluded women, girls, boys and men will be at the core of our struggle against poverty and injustice.
- ‘Personal is political’: without contradiction in the practice in private and public sphere.
- Courage of conviction, requiring us to be creative and progressive, bold and innovative – without fear of failure.
- Equality, justice and diversity, requiring us to work to ensure equal opportunity to every person, irrespective of caste, class, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, colour, class, ethnicity, disability, location, and religion.
- Humility and modesty in our conduct and behaviour.
- Transparency and accountability.
- Independence and neutrality from any religious or party-political affiliation.